A ) expressive B ) physical C ) exaggerated D) dubious
2. Techniques to harness the energy of the sun are being developed.
A ) convert B) store C) utilize D) receive
3. Many residents of apartment complexes object to noisy neighbors.
A ) managers B ) occupants C) landlords D) caretakers
4. The steadily rising cost of labor on the waterfront has greatly increased the cost of shipping cargo by water.
A ) continuously B ) quickly C) excessively D) exceptionally
5. Hundreds of years ago cloves were used to remedy headaches.
A ) disrupt B) diagnose C ) evaporate D) cure
6. John Hanson helped draft instructions for Maryland's delegates to the Stamp Act Congress.
A ) clarify B) formulate C) revise D ) contribute
7. Practically all species of animals communicate either through sounds or through a large repertory of soundless codes.
A ) Simultaneously B ) Almost C ) absolutely D ) Basically
8. Sulphur has occasionally been found in the earth in an almost pure state..com
A ) regularly B) accidentally C ) sometimes D) successfully
9. When doves are about two weeks old , they are covered with grey feathers and are ready to try their wings.
A ) grow B ) wrap C ) hide D ) test
10. I rarely wear a raincoat because I spend most of my time in a car.
A ) normally B ) seldom C ) continuously D ) usually
11.When she was invited to the party, she readily accepted.
A ) willingly B) suddenly C ) firmly D ) quickly
12. The dentist has decided to extract her bad tooth.
A ) take out B ) repair C ) pull D ) dig
13. You must shine your shoes.
A ) lighten B) clean C) wash D ) polish
14. The majority of people around here are decent people.
A ) honest B ) rich C ) good-looking D ) high-ranking
15. A deadly disease has affected these animals.
A ) contagious B ) serious C) fatal D) worrying
答案：B C B A D B B C D B A A D A C